Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Snow at Sunrise



I've missed painting as I moved my studio over the past few weeks, but I'm starting to think the break was a healthy thing. Instead of painting, I spent a lot of time THINKING about painting. I looked at art books, waded numerous times through the 100+ pages of my fellow artists' paintings in 6" Squared, and generally immersed myself in every aspect of painting but the act itself.

Coming back to the easel, I feel like my work reflects my discoveries during this time, and is more thoughtful. I'm sure being settled again doesn't hurt anything either. Painting in the morning then rushing out to move van loads and van loads of... STUFF... doesn't contribute to a zen painting experience.

Whatever it is, I'm refreshed and enjoying the work more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment