Sunday, May 25, 2014

Blue Glass, Oranges



Blue Glass, Oranges. Original oil on panel, 6" x 6".
This one is a mix of new and old, including this crazy blue glass with raised polka dots. I was getting pretty sick of my monochrome backgrounds, so one evening I took off to the hardware store looking for something, anything really, to give me some backdrop options. At first I looked at some big, heavy, granite-like tiles. I even had one in my cart when I rounded the corner and found the perfect thing---18" square adhesive vinyl tiles in a variety of "natural" finishes. Lightweight, perfect size, major score!

The goal for this piece was to start thinking in terms of my "final" pieces… meaning more emphasis on compositions and color schemes. I was really happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment